Friday, October 17, 2014

The Walking Dead Season 4 (2013)

I love zombies. I try to watch/read anything related to them no matter how scary I find it. Like everyone else, I was obsessed with The Walking Dead when it premiered in 2010. I must have watched the first season four times in a row. The entire premise for the show was strong (based on a graphic novel by Robert Kirkman and Tony Moore) and their ten episode format is, in my opinion, the perfect amount.

After the first season I felt there was a drop in quality in the show and watched it with much less interest. No wonder I felt that, because from what I hear AMC treated their star show really badly by firing the principal director/writer Frank Darabont. They also cut their budget in half but added twice as many episodes, meaning less zombies (makeup probably costs a lot) and more soap opera characteristics. If you want a better worded description of how AMC screwed themselves over watch this video by YourMovieSucksDOTorg.



There was a period of time were a really didn't watch any episodes and completely lost track of the storyline. What you should probably know about me is that I hate giving up on TV series halfway through, which is why I recently went back and am trying to catch up to current episodes. It also really helps that Netflix recently added season four.

I'm still kinda disappointed by the most recent seasons, but I think it's picked up a little now that Frank Darabont is back (AMC must have realized their mistake quite quickly). Season four had a really good start and Carl is not as much of a little shit as previous seasons. 

7/10 because I really do love the premise, and I like the storyline for the fourth season.
97% critics score from rotten tomatoes
96% audience score from rotten tomatoes
8.7 from IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment